Quad Bike Tours
A DAY ON THE DUNES YOU WON’T FORGET
Ready for an adrenaline rush? Well, explore Lancelin’s extensive sand dunes on a late model quad bike!
You’ll be on a buzz for days after experiencing one of these 90-minute ATV/UTV adventure tours around the magnificent Lancelin off-road area.
You don’t need any Off Road experience as you’ll be guided around the dunes by an experienced rider. Adults can ride as singles or doubles and if you have youngsters under 18, there are various options open to them (see below). This is an adrenaline-fueled, blood-pumping experience, but your safety is of utmost concern. That’s why we don’t use 2 wheel-drive bikes – all vehicles are true four-wheel drives and before we set off, you’ll receive a thorough safety briefing.
As an added bonus, you’ll receive an hour of sandboarding before or after your tour at no additional cost.
Tours depart at 10am and 1pm every day – you simply pick the tour that suits. Meet at Lancelin’s sand dunes (you don’t need a 4WD car to reach the departure point), undergo your safety briefing, get fitted for a helmet and then head out to see some of the finest dunal landscapes in the world.
This 90-minute tour is the only safe way to see ALL of Lancelin’s dunes and beaches.
With proper preparation and a confident spirit, you’ll be drifting safely around the pristine Lancelin dunes in no time and walking away with lasting memories.
Maximum number of bikes on a tour: 8 quad bikes.
- Meet at the Lancelin sand dunes carpark at the selected time (10am or 1pm).
- Register and undergo a full safety briefing.
- Long pants and closed shoes are recommended but not compulsory.
- Riding tour is 1.5 hours + 1 hour of sand boarding included (2.5 hours total) – you might start by sandboarding.
- You MUST produce photo ID prior to your tour
- $250 security bond (Pre-authorization only by credit card) is required per group for Quad bikes in case of damage to vehicles.
- Solo driver means 1 driver; Duo driver means 1 driver plus a passenger but both can drive.
RULES FOR CHILDREN
- 8-16 year old’s wanting to ride a quad bike solo must book a Can Am 90cc single seat quad bike.
- To be a passenger on a quad bike child must be at least 6 years old.
- Drivers of adult quad bikes must be at least 16 years old.
- All bookings are to be made at least one day prior to the tours and are non-refundable, so make sure you’re committed! If there are any unreasonable delays to you attending, there will be no refund given.
- Any cancellation requests less than 3 days’ notice from booking date, no refund will be given.
- Any cancellation & reschedule requests up to 3 days prior to booking date, a $25 fee will be incurred.
- Bring a small backpack with at least 1 litre of water and any action cameras.
- A flat $2.5 admin fee applies to all tour options.
- The operator has a AU$20m public liability insurance policy and shire approval to operate at the dunes.
- In the event the weather is too bad to ride you will be offered a rain check or refund.
- Pregnant women are not permitted to ride.
Note: We promote all experiences as a booking agent for the experience provider.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can my child drive a quad bike?
8 to 16 year old’s wanting to drive a quad bike MUST book a Can Am 90cc single seat quad bike. On the booking form this appears as Quad Bike Kid.
If your child is under 8 years of age they cannot drive a quad bike.
You must be 16 years or older to drive an adult quad bike
Can my child be a passenger on a quad bike?
Your child must be at least 6 years of age to be a passenger on a quad bike
Children UNDER 6 years of age CANNOT be a passenger on a quad bike
I want to book for more than 10 people.
If your group has 10 or more people some will need to be a passenger on a quad bike. You can only book large groups if availability is showing on the website. If you email asking if we have availability you will be directed back to the online booking system to check availability. Please note that passengers on quad bikes must be 6 years of age or older.
What are the maximum number of bikes in one tour group.
A maximum of 8 adult quad bikes and 2 kid quad bikes can be booked at any one time. Check the online booking system for availability. If you email us to check availability you will be redirected back to the online booking system.
Can I book for a time other than those showing on the booking system?
No. The only times and dates available are those shown in the online booking system.
Can I get a refund if I can’t make it
No. All bookings are non-refundable. If you wish to reschedule more than 3 days prior to your booking you can do so however a $25 fee will apply. Booking within 3 days cannot be rescheduled.
If the weather is so bad that you cannot ride you will then be offered the opportunity to refund or reschedule. This decision will be made by the tour operator depending on the weather at the time of your scheduled ride.
What do I need to wear and bring
It is recommended that you wear long pants and closed in shoes. It is also recommended that you bring a small backpack with 1 litre of water and sunscreen.
You MUST BRING PHOTO ID.
How long does the tour go for?
The quad bike tour goes for 1.5 hours and you have an additional 1 hour of sandboarding. You can choose to sandboard either before or after your quad bike tour. You can decide this on the day. Your quad bike tour starts at the time booked. Either 10pm or 1pm.
Is there insurance coverage?
The operator has an AU$20m public liability insurance policy and shire approval to operate at the dunes.
How do I get there?
You need to provide your own transport to the dune site. You will meet the tour operator in the Lancelin Sand Dunes car park. See map.
What availability do you have?
Please check the online booking system for availability on your chosen date.
Can I book now and pay later?
No, payment must be made upon booking. We do not allow group bookings to pay individually. Payment must be made for the whole booking up front.
Can I buy a gift voucher?
Yes. To buy a quad bike gift voucher click here. Vouchers are valid from 3 years of booking date and must be used in one transaction. Unused vouchers are not refundable. Please see link for all terms and conditions.